- Category: Uncategorised
The way, people measure success, differs widely. Some think a positive approach is enough. My colleagues at work say it is definitely hard work, while there are a few who are firm in their belief that luck plays a key role in success. So what exactly does it take to succeed in life? In my opinion, success is not the result of one single attribute. Success involves several aspects, which when they come together in harmony, lead you unerringly. But most importantly sitting around talking about it is definitely not enough.
You need to take definite and appropriate action for which you need some skills. While some are taught to us from our childhood by our parents and at school and work, they are however not sufficient to help reach success. Even life experiences don’t provide us with what we crave for. Here is a list of the skills that help you progress fast in whatever field you are in, whether it is landscaping or web designing or a corporate job. While some of these are focused on specific fields, they also interlink with other fields giving you lessons that help you at any time in your life.
- Category: Uncategorised
Minimalist blogs seem to be the trend these days. I can see many such blogs that feature just the bare essentials. While it is great to look at more white space, not all minimalist designs are appealing to the audience. Sometimes they all look alike and run the risk of being ignored. Therefore, to take away the uninspired and plain look, you need to have some well-defined yet simple web design. Adding a bit of personality would do a lot of good to the site. Clean designs need not necessarily be boring, do they? By adding the right touches, you can make your site shine through and get a huge traffic. Here are some basic tips that I’ve found very useful in my work
Get the upper hand
Infusing color to the background framing the text is a nice way to make the site look inviting and pleasant. While white spaces do tend to look pristine, and appealing, which is why you had decided on it, your visitors may not be as enthusiastic about seeing clear white. Without color to the edges of the line, a reader tends to go adrift, when he nears the edge of a line. You would have noticed on devices and on paper, edges that highlight the content. These help to hold your attention to the text. Adding color will help hold the attention of the reader.
The addition need not be too glaring or dominant. Subtle addition would work effectively and not affect your sensibilities at the same time. A definite edge to the content will improve the overall reading experience.
- Category: Uncategorised
Being in possession of the most potent tool, helps you to make giant strides both professionally and personally in life. Effective networking is one such tool that has the ability to make your reach peaks, which you hadn’t dreamed of before.
You can get the promotion you were after for such a long time, a dream job, or any other achievement just like that, when you know the secret of effective networking. Top networkers reveal that the best strategy in networking is building genuine relationship, maintaining them actively and sharing the knowledge you have gained with others without prejudice.
Significance of networking
With an effective networking skill, you can easily go places you would have found hard to go under normal circumstances. While networking helps in several fields, the most commonly sought after accomplishments include finding a great job, establishing good relationship with important people and starting a new and prosperous business.
Networking opens doors for you effortlessly. Especially, when you are hunting for a job in a highly competitive field, it is networking, which decides whether you land the job, or not. At its core, networking is nothing but building strong relationships. While a client may leave you at the first sight of difficulty, a friend will not. This is what matters most and keeps you afloat at times of crisis.
- Category: Uncategorised
Finding something you’re good at, or finding something to get good at, is an important part of finding success in this life. With the right job, going to work doesn’t even feel like work, and people in a situation like this often report being happier with their jobs than those who more or less find themselves stuck in a work environment they never really wanted. Now me, I got lucky – I landed a job taking care of websites and reading over numbers for various businesses, boring stuff but the sort of boring stuff I have fun doing. However, that doesn’t mean I don’t wish I had time to develop other skills.
In fact, this is a good time to explain a simple economic concept. Besides any monetary costs associated with something, choices have opportunity costs as well. If you want to specialize in one thing, you can’t specialize in another since you’ll be too busy working on the first, you get it? I’ve rather always wanted to be good with the piano, maybe good enough to be heard in concert or something like that. But that’s not what I did. I do have a newer keyboard lying around somewhere, but I don’t practice; simply haven’t got the time. I’m pretty sure I saw it on http://www.pianoreport.com/ one time.
The point of this is, if you want to get really good at something, that will usually preclude you from getting really good at another thing. For this reason, some people prefer not to specialize in anything at all, instead living as a sort of jack of all trades. You know the type, am I right? People who know a little bit about everything it seems, but can’t really do you much good if you need something too specific. This world has a place for them as well as for people like myself, but I’ve always thought that if you were doing something, you should do it well; as well as possible, which means understanding the material.
While you’re living your life and trying out new things, you’ll eventually find there are some things that just click with you, as if you have a natural talent for them. Based on your own inherent abilities, some skills will be easier to develop than others. For instance, if you have a big frame and you’re strong, it would be easier for you to become a bodybuilder than, say, someone half your size or a fraction of your strength. It wouldn’t be impossible for them, either; it would just take more work for them to accomplish the same amount as you, in this instance.
Because of all this, I think one of the greatest challenges in life is finding the things you are good at. It can take time – a lot of time, like a lifetime in some cases. But you’ll never know what really works for you until you’ve tried it yourself, after all. So the last and most important point I want to make here is, you should try as many new things as you can, while you still have the opportunity to do so. As for making music, if you want to play piano like I do, maybe you can make better use of this extensive article I found.
- Category: Uncategorised
While I may be a very active outdoor enthusiast and regularly attend different types of adventure trips and activities all around the year, I only managed to go on my first hunting trip last week. I had always been fascinated with hunting and after many years of waiting, I finally had he schedule and also my husband to accompany me on a hunting trip.
Hunting is considered to be a traditional sport and I have always longed to go out and lay in wait of some deer or some rabbits. Last week, we made our way along with a couple of other experienced friends to Vancouver Island, where we would be hunting Roosevelt Elks.
Our friends were seasonal hunters and my husband had been on previous hunting trips with his friends. However, it being my first, I was really thrilled and was very eager to see what the experience would be like.
On reaching the hunting location, we checked into some cabins in the forest which we had pre-booked and then rested for the night. The next morning, we were all up early and excited to be heading out on a hunt. Armed with all my essentials, a camera, a good rangefinder, and a pair of binoculars, I followed the three men through the trails and soon we found ourselves in quite a dense jungle. Since this hunt had no restrictions on clothing, I made myself comfortable with khaki shorts, armed boots and other personal gear in my backpack.
On reaching a suitable spot, the seasoned hunters took out their guns while my husband and I positioned ourselves alongside them. My husband was eager to fire a shot and one of them handed over their gun to him. We lay in wait for a while as the hunters were certain that an elk would show up sooner or later.
I was up for it and patiently waited for a while. However, as some time passed, I began getting impatient, only to be excited again by some sounds in the distance. Unfortunately, it was a false alarm and there were no elks nearby. Nevertheless, a big Roosevelt elk appeared in some time and I could barely keep myself still. The seasoned hunter had been waiting for this and he asked my husband to take the shot. Apprehensively, my husband aimed and fired at the animal. While both of us were unsure as to what would happen, the shot turned out to be brilliant and it hit the elk in between its eye and the ear. It immediately swerved around and fell to the ground on being hit. My husband had managed a clean hit. Although it wasn’t his first attempt at firing a shot, it was his first kill and held tremendous significance for both of us.
The night was very enjoyable and we clicked a lot of pictures around the area with the dead animal. My first hunting trip was both exciting as well as successful and I am already looking forward to having many more trips and trying out a kill on my own.
- Category: Uncategorised
Many of you readers would be aware of my pet dogs, Mango and Priscilla. Both the dogs are large in size, with Mango being a Golden Retriever and Priscilla, a German shepherd. Energetic and playful, the dogs love spending time with both me and my husband. We also ensure that the dogs stay as healthy and fit as we are and take them out on regular walks and provide them with only the required amount of meals to keep them healthy and cheerful.
With the winters approaching, I thought that it would be a good idea to get my pets a couple of dog coats. However, when we visited the mall, the prices of dog coats were off the roof. Disappointed, I decided to go ahead and try sewing my own dog coats. In fact, the endeavor went off so well that I have decided to create a little guide that will allow anyone to make their own dog coat. There is simply no need to be wasting good money on expensive coats available in the market. Furthermore, sewing can prove to be a lot of fun too.
Here’s what I did in order to sow dog coats for my pets.
- I downloaded a free pattern from the internet for both of my dogs. The pattern proved to be a little too small for both the dogs and as such; I had to make a little adjustment in order to get the patterns to be the perfect size. This is not too difficult a process and can be done by everybody. All that is needed is a good measurement of the dog’s body. I also looked at some good sewing machines at SergerPro
- Once the pattern was finalized, I gathered my supplies for making the coats, which included fleece, fabric for lining and outer material fabric, Velcro to be sewn on, polyester threads and quilt batting.
- Cutting out the fabric in the pattern while keeping some allowance for the seams, the quilt batting is also to be sown on the inside of the fabric. After making sure of the shape and sizes, I quilted the batting onto the pattern with the polyester threads.
- I repeated this for the other half of the pattern. Now I had both the front and the back of the coats ready.
- The final step was to sow on the Velcro strips onto the respective sides of the coat. I couldn't believe it, but I had managed to make crude, yet decent looking dog coat.
I have gone on to make two more coats after my first attempt and the other two have been much better than the first. I guess one does get better with practice. Now both Priscilla and Mango wear trendy dog coats which have been made completely at home and with easily available materials. My husband is even prouder of my efforts than I am and has gone on to click multiple selfies with the dogs in their new coats.
- Category: Uncategorised
As many of you readers may already be aware, I take health and fitness quite seriously. I have always maintained my fitness levels and ensure that I exercise every single day. I have often dragged my husband along with me to these workout sessions of mine ad thankfully, he does enjoy working out as much as I do. Unfortunately though, he has gotten himself a new longboard from LongboardingNation to play with and hardly has time for working out with me anymore. Frankly, I find this to be pretty childish, but as long as he enjoys it, I’m happy.
In any case, I have decided to make up a short guide for the busy people on how to stay fit. Staying fit only requires some amount of discipline and a love for good health. With a few tips, you can stay fit, despite being a busy person.
- I start off my day with an hour of yoga daily and I find it to be very refreshing. Yoga allows me to feel in perfect harmony with the world around me. The various exercises that I perform allow the body to stretch and stay in good shape. Yoga requires some amount of patience and first timers will need some help from more experienced people. However, once the art is mastered, performing yoga can be as simple as blissful it offers to be.
- We own a couple of dogs, named Mango and Prasila and they need to be taken out on half an hour walks twice daily. It is my husband’s job in the morning, while I take over the duties in the evening. Walking around briskly with the dogs for half an hour probably is good enough exercise on its own for a number of people. Even if you do not have dogs, make sure that you go for brisk walks every day.
- While we do own a car, I do not drive to work every day. My husband uses the car for daily commuting, but I make sure to cycle to work as often as I can. This is another great way of keeping fit and it is good for the environment as well. Furthermore, you get to save up on valuable fuel costs as well.
Apart from all of these daily exercises and tasks that I perform, I also ensure that I have as balanced and as healthy a diet as possible and this goes for my husband as well. Doing so has enabled us to stay incredibly fit and we even go out on adventure camps and hiking trails time and again. Although, we do take the time off to spoil ourselves to our favorite treats once in a while. His favorite treat being lava cake and his longboard that you can see at http://longboardingnation.com/best-longboard-brands/.
Staying fit can not only offers health benefits, but it can also prove to be a lot of fun as well. As a fitness enthusiast, I would definitely recommend everybody to take good care of their health and ensure to exercise on a frequent basis. Combined with a balanced diet, regular exercise alone can ward of diseases and increase longevity.
- Category: Uncategorised
It has been slightly over a month since I purchased my power rack. I decided to compile a little list of the pros and cons of having power racks at home.
Here are some of the benefits that I personally see out of having power racks at home:
- Power racks can safely allow you to lift heavy weights. Power racks are safe to be used alone without any spotter nearby, thanks to the various safeguards that are featured. This has offered me genuine peace of mind and has allowed me to gradually keep lifting heavier weights without any fears.
- Keeping power racks at home has also allowed me to concentrate on training a targeted full range of motion. Particularly, I have been able to precisely target partial rep motions.
- Possibly, the biggest benefit that I see of using power racks are that the exercises performed on them are as close to the exercises being performed anywhere else. Power racks are indeed well designed and the barbell is not at all restricted.
- My power rack includes some attachments, which can be used to perform dips or chin ups. While I do not use these too often, my husband is a big fan of this and regularly works on pull ups.
- Versatility of power racks is also a big plus, with many additional options for performing different types of exercises. I am yet to try these add ons, but just having the option open proves to be a distinct advantage.
- Power racks are not very expensive and can be availed of at very reasonable prices. They prove to be much more cost effective than most modern day gym memberships.
I researched a bunch of them at GarageGymPro, bought one, and used it for a while. It's awesome! But while power racks can also offer many benefits, they also suffer from some disadvantages. Here are some of the cons of keeping power racks as training equipment at home:
- While I personally do not find this a problem, many users, especially females, will find that the standard barbell weight is a little on the higher side, making it difficult to get used to a power rack.
- Power racks definitely take up a lot of space. They require a tall ceiling and sufficient space around a room. Thankfully, I have the required space, but many will not find it easy to keep a power rack in an apartment.
- Power racks will also need to be securely fastened to the floor before they are made to work. This will definitely prove to be a major hindrance for many users, as fastening the unit to the floor may be prohibited.
- The types of exercise that can be performed on a power rack are limited and various attachments are required in order to allow different exercises. This can prove to be quite tedious.
As such, I have personally loved my experience with power racks but it is fairly straightforward to see that it would not be feasible for everyone to keep power racks at home. Make sure to consider your personal space constraints before deciding on a purchase.